The Student News Site of Socastee High School

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

Promising Revamped ‘MLB The Show’ Comes Out Soon

“MLB The Show” has had plenty of people complaining about the game over the past year or two. and its creators are hoping to turn it around by giving the people what they want and adding new aspects to it. San Diego Studios will release “MLB The Show ‘24” on March 19. From what’s been said about its improvements, the new game seems worth buying.

The game can be played in many different modes. The new version updates the game’s modes and continue to make it fresh with new content to keep people playing for a longer period. The most popular mode, Diamond Dynasty, starts off with a team of low overall cards. Throughout new seasons, teams are upgraded by playing offline and online modes to get better cards.   The Diamond Dynasty mode has been changed to make it a more rewarding, easier, and more fun way for players to upgrade their team throughout the year. For example, the game starts with the highest overall cards at 91 instead of 99 on Day 1.

Another big game mode that San Diego Studios heard lots of complaints about is Franchise mode. This mode starts by choosing any of the 32 teams in the MLB and putting you in a position to manage the team and help them win a World Series. Some complaints about Franchise were that trades were not fair or realistic and made it too easy to win the World Series. Now in 24, they are changing to make it more realistic, fun, and interesting.

A game mode that has been added is The Negro Leagues. This mode adds a storyline journey of players that used to play in the Negro League, such as Josh Gibson’s experience with the league and Hank Aaron’s road from being unknown to one of the greatest MLB players in history.

A big weakness of MLB The Show the past couple of years has been keeping  content fresh and new. According to theshow.com, “We have had a renewed focus on our game economy and our dedication to more frequent content drops.” The new version definitely should make improvements. Anyone who loves the real MLB will love this game.  There are three different versions to buy, but the $100 version gives the best immediate rewards for the price.