The Student News Site of Socastee High School

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

Alumnus Hailey Rappeno Comes Back as Coach

JV Womens Lacrosse Coach Hailey Rappeno motivates her team in the huddle.

Last spring, Hailey Rappeno was on the lacrosse fields as a midfielder, running and scoring as one of the varsity team’s top players. 

This year, the now-graduated player is on the field with the JV team — as its coach. 

Alumnus Hailey Rappeno (2023) decided to come back this year to be a coach because she loves lacrosse.  She has been involved with the sport for nine years since she was in 5th grade. The part she most enjoys as a coach is when she teaches skills or makes original drills, then sees them played in games.

“I’ve gone to countless college clinics and learned so much, and I love passing on the knowledge” she said.

She currently attends Horry Georgetown Technical College and not playing lacrosse this year.

“I’m not playing in college because I have been playing for eight straight years and wanted to live a normal college experience,” she said.

Hailey Rappeno plays in a varsity lacrosse game during the spring 2023 season.

Her mother Laurie Rappeno, who co-coaches with her, is her role model in lacrosse.

“She taught me how to play and always inspired me to be a better player everyday,” Hailey said.

The hardest part about being a coach for her is see the girls disappointed or being hard on themselves, “especially when we have such an amazing group of girls,” she said

She enjoys learning new rules, new techniques, and just being in the lacrosse world. 

She plans to pursue a career as a physical therapist and also continue coaching lacrosse.

“My goal is for my players to be confident in themselves on the field, learn new skills, and become the best players that they can be,” she said.