The Student News Site of Socastee High School

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

Class of 2025 Wins Third Powder Puff Game

The Juniors chant before going out of the field.

Juniors won the 3rd annual powder puff football game by a close score of 20-19 against the seniors this year. The class of 2025 has won every game they’ve ever played, since their freshman year in 2022. 

We celebrated the win by yelling and cheering and hugging each other and hyping each other up and just having a blast all around, said Maya Adi, the captain of the juniors team.

Powder Puff has expanded since it started three years ago. Students have been advertising and trying to recruit students and friends to join. 

While the juniors coached by Social Studies Teacher Mr. Perry Helton (aka Coach P) won the upperclassmen game, the sophomores, coached by Math Teacher Ms. Renae Urbaniak beat the freshmen (coached by Theatre Teacher Ms. Rachel DelVecchio). Both games were played on Nov. 15.

The teams had two practices to prepare. Last year, the seniors beat the juniors 28-6 and the sophomores beat the freshmen 16-6. 

Junior Class President Maya Adi has played all three years.

“I like to get involved in school and as my class president I think it was a good opportunity to help and show others in my grade to get involved and join,” Maya said.

She said that they had good practices and named their plays based on candy.