The Student News Site of Socastee High School

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

Students Perform at Carolina Opry

Socastee Singers perform at “Waves of the Future” at the Carolina Opry on April 14.

Socastee singers and the orchestra performed at the Carolina Opry for the annual “Waves of the Future” performance on April 14. 

Both groups performed along with student groups from other Horry County Schools in front of almost 2,000 people. 

“It was fun, scary, but once the adrenalin kicked in, it was a blast,“ sophomore Socastee Singer Ariana Ferreiras said. 

She had a singing solo in their “Rhythm Nation’ inspired performance.

“It was a lot of hard work but it all paid off,” Ariana said.

Any group within the county had the chance to submit a video of their talent and then competed to get picked. 

Senior violinist Calista Christopher, who had a solo in the group’s performance of “Palladio”, said that the worst part was right before getting on.

Orchestra performs at the Carolina Opry on April 14.

“I was nervous, I definitely didn’t want to do it,” she said. However, the group performed well.

Freshman Socastee Singer Mady Welch said she had a fun time. 

“I learned, made new friends, and got to do it while doing what I love,” she said.