The Student News Site of Socastee High School

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

The Native Voice

Ms. Wooley Enjoys Teaching Older Students in New Job

Chloe Levesque
Ms. Danielle Wooley displays some personality while explaining a concept to her biology students.

New biology teacher Ms. Danielle Wooley came to Socastee after teaching middle school for six years. 

After teaching at Whittemore Park Middle School in Conway, she will teach biology here this year.  She said she is enjoying working with more mature students.

“I love that I can have deep conversations with my students and I get to make strong emotional connections,” she said. “I like to have strong emotional connections … because I hold them to a high standard.”

She also likes that high school students have better hygiene habits. 

“I am very passionate about people wearing deodorant, and I am so happy that I have to have less deodorant conversations with my students,” she said.

Ms. Woolsey originally planned to be a doctor.

“I wanted to go to med school, but then I changed my mind and got into education because I didn’t want to go to school for that many years,” she said. 

Outside of school, she is currently getting her certification in yoga. 

“I like doing anything that involves being outside, lifting weights, spending time with my cats and my dog,” she said. 

She also enjoys reading.

“I like Steven King horror books and self help books,” she said.